Monday, February 11, 2019

X Ambassadors – JOYFUL – Single [iTunes Plus AAC M4A]

X Ambassadors: We had just come off tour around “Joyful.” We were starting to work on the next record, and we came into the studio with no expectations of what we were gonna make, just wanting to go with our guts and just do whatever. And, this is one of the first things we came up with. My brother, Casey, sent me these piano chords, and I just started singing that chorus, the word joyful over and over, just to be joyful.

When I was writing it, I was picturing this old man lying in a hospital bed, kind of a grizzled old guy, you know. He’s seen some shit. He’s done some shit. Maybe he’s made a lot of mistakes. He’s done some good things, some bad, but he is able to die peacefully because he knows that he lived every moment of his life still being able to smell the roses and still being able to appreciate just being here on this planet. And, that’s kind of where the song came from initially.

I thought about how it related to me in my life. My brother, who’s in the band with me, was born blind. He’s been blind his whole life. And, he’s overcome a lot of adversity in his time here on this planet. And, despite everything that he is faced with, he’s still able to really just live such a grateful life. He’s, in every waking moment, I mean, he is, he’s just the epitome of joy. So for me, this song is about him, and I see that. I’m still trying to find ways to be grateful. It’s a constant process. I don’t think I’ll ever fully get there, but it’s about that journey to try and get to a point of being able to appreciate what you have while you’re here.

Artist

X Ambassadors
Title

JOYFUL
Album

JOYFUL - Single
Genre

Alternative
Tracklist

1 Song
Duration

3 Minutes, 52 Second
Released

Jan 26, 2018
Copyright

℗ 2018 KIDinaKORNER/Interscope Records
Get it!



Artikel Terkait

X Ambassadors – JOYFUL – Single [iTunes Plus AAC M4A]
4/ 5
Oleh

Berlangganan

Suka dengan artikel di atas? Silakan berlangganan gratis via email